Why this?

The occasional piece of my own and a generous helping of others' creations I find inspiring. Site is named for a beloved book by one of my favorite writers, Italo Calvino, whose fanciful work lights--and delights--my soul.

Friday, March 1, 2013

What the wind blows

"I'll go to the bookshop in town, grab three or four books of poetry, sit in the coffee shop, and read those for a while. It's like loosening up your muscles before a workout."

"Kids teach you to lighten up, which for me was very handy because I wasn't very light at the time. They were a blessing for that."

"I think what makes people ill a lot of the time is the belief that your thoughts are concrete and that you're responsible for your thoughts. Whereas actually--the way I see it--your thoughts are what the wind blows through your mind."

--Thom Yorke

No comments:

Post a Comment