Why this?

The occasional piece of my own and a generous helping of others' creations I find inspiring. Site is named for a beloved book by one of my favorite writers, Italo Calvino, whose fanciful work lights--and delights--my soul.

Thursday, June 2, 2011

Via The Sun Magazine, Yet Again

"The sun shines and warms and lights us and we have no curiosity to know why this is so; but we ask the reason of all evil, of pain, and hunger." --Ralph Waldo Emerson

"Joy, happiness ... we do not question. They are beyond question, maybe. A matter of being. But pain forces us to think, and to make connections, ... to discover what has been happening to cause it. And, curiously enough, pain draws us to other human beings in a significant way, whereas joy or happiness, to some extent, isolates." --May Sarton

"If we will be quiet and ready enough, we shall find compensation in every disappointment." --Henry David Thoreau

"I took a deep breath and listened to the old bray of my heart. I am. I am. I am." --Sylvia Plath

No comments:

Post a Comment